November 17, 2010

the milk dance

 So You Think You Can Dance? Do you remember the time you danced in your mother's arms because you knew sweet, warm milk was right around the shoulder? I remember riding the bus from our woody post into town, watching the African toddler attack his mothers breast as they fell into the sweet rhythm of nursing. A man watched and urged, "Get that boobie, son, ya."

I remember that time intensely because I was visualising the day when my own sweet chubby faced wee-one would dance in my arms at the promise of nourishment, cuddles, and sweet nothings whispered into the magic silence surrounding the two of us. Us, in our own little love-universe, bathed by the infinite trickle of milk emanating from the raging rivers of motherhood.



In a failed case of milk flow, I try not to bamboozle the cream connection with this baby girl. It's there. As a grove etched into the landscape, I come bearing fruit and milk and other gifts. Not taken from deep within my capillaries.....    no, but from some brave soul on a loving quest. 

As creation suggests I try a new form of nursing, my body's ability to single-souley provide for Delilah has dissipated, but my passion to catch the milk dance from her, is ever powerful. I was given an opportunity to find the "new" milk maids. The indigenous seekers, like myself, willing to express the ever raging ancienctry within our psyche. Let my neighbor nurse my infant. Let my neighbor instill in me the compassion I long for. Let my neighbor open a whole new universe, that I may tiptoe around and find a suitable throne, encrusted with Amethyst and Peridot, to rest, with Delilah dreaming upon my arm while I feed her the rainbow tinted sap of another mother.




We Love, We Believe, We Create.... at every feeding, we Gaze into each others souls and do these things. I'm an activist for Infant Love. My baby eats whenever she feels the need, she is electric, she is a suction wizard, a soft soul whisper with the cheesy potion of Endless Joy tucked under her neck rolls. 

 Failed milk flow is a gift. Aborting raw mission is not an option.  I see the need for magi ck.    

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post! May you continue to enjoy that beautiful milk dance...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww.... so sweet, and so hard, hun. :) Much love!

    ReplyDelete